(PRESS RELEASE) Further results from National Sunglasses Day 2018 are in! Due to its efforts, The Vision Council has garnered more than 1 billion online, social media and broadcast consumer media impressions for National Sunglasses Day, with one of the official campaign hashtags #NationalSunglassesDay trending on Twitter throughout June 27.
Here’s an overview of the consumer media coverage:
- 261 online placements, garnering more than 481 million impressions
- Top online placements include: Forbes.com, HollywoodLife.com, InStyle.com, USAToday.com and Yahoo.com, among many others
- 295 social media placements, garnering more than 415 million impressions
- Top social media placements include: The Instagram and Twitter pages of Jennifer Lopez, Kathie Lee Gifford, Luke Bryan, O, The Oprah Magazine, the NFL and “Good Morning America,” among many others
- 694 general broadcast placements, garnering more than 146 million impressions
- Top general broadcast placements include: “KTLA,” “TODAY,” “Daytime,” “Tampa Bay Morning Blend,” “CT Style” and “Good Morning Connecticut,” among many others
- 29 media tour broadcast placements, garnering more than 24 million impressions
- Top media tour broadcast placements include: AOL.com, “The Daily Buzz” and CaravanGirl.com, among many others
New Podcast: Insight With Dee Carroll
How to Be More Mindful in Your Life and Business: The INVISION Live! Podcast With Dee Carroll (Guest: Dr. Danielle Richardson)
SPONSORED BY INVISION
The Vision Council would like to thank the greater eyewear and eyecare industry, as well as its member organizations, for their support of National Sunglasses Day. Without your phenomenal efforts to promote the commemorative date in the retail, consumer and trade media, and general consumer spaces, the campaign wouldn’t have been nearly as successful.
Please direct questions regarding National Sunglasses Day and The Vision Council’s efforts to Lindsey Ruhe, The Vision Council’s senior marketing & communications manager, consumer programs.
The Vision Council will keep you in the loop if further results from June 27 surface.